- Find a quiet place where you can be alone and not disturbed. Begin by relaxing your body and taking a few deep breaths.
- Firstly prepare your sacred space. Gather a string or a cord (black in color and multitude of 9in in length), a picture and/or name written on a piece of paper (when using candles [black in color] you can inscribe the name on the candle) of whom you are cutting the cord/connection, and some salt to cover two different areas (where you will place the candles).
- Once relaxed, close your eyes and call upon your spirit guides or angels to help guide you through the process.
- Connect the cord/string to the two candle which are on separate dishes with salt covering the plate.
- Upon feeling the presence of your guides, light the candles & recite the following mantra:
“Dear Spirit Guides, I call upon you to help me heal, let go, and cut any etheric cords that are no longer serving my higher purpose. I ask that all cords attached to me that are not aligned with love, light and positive attention be released. Help me to release them and surround me with a healing light to protect me from future attachments. Thank You.”
You may need to repeat the mantra 2-3 times. You can also close your eyes and visualize the cords being released, as well as the healing light surrounding you.
- At this point you may physically cut the cord or string in the middle or let the candle burn down.
- Finally dispose of the candles separately so that the toxins stay separated!
(You can of course tweak this ritual to your liking, there is no right or wrong- it’s ALL about your intention.)